Sunday, February 1, 2009

Big Sunday!

So my day started today with a 2yo Birthday Breakfast for our friend's Anthony & Linda's little boy, Jared....at 8am on a Sunday morning!! OMG, what an effort, getting the kids ready and out of the house before eight o'clock...but we managed and it was worth it, we all had a lovely morning. Home by 10.30am or so for a relaxing day at home.

Emma & I planned to scrap ALL DAY but our plans were cut short...when she sliced her finger with the rotary cutter!!! Poor girl, she was so upset but trying so hard to be brave. Its all good now but, she's been to the medical centre and is all steri-stripped, hopefully it will heal quickly. I can't believe it - a scrapbooking injury, who would've thought!!

So today is the 1st of February and over at Mystical we have started putting up our challenges and samples for February challenges. The forum is looking great with lots of news and inspiration, so come on over and check it out.

This month I had to do the Random Number Challenge, where I set certain criteria for your page, for example this month there is a certain number of rhinestones, staples, alphas and buttons you have to use. Go to the challenge section of the forum to check out the full criteria. Here's my page:-



This month in our Use Your Stash challenge, the product is chipboard. Here is my page using some random chipboard letters from my stash as well as a gorgeous Twiddleybitz border cut from the Mystical Shop.



You have until the end of February to submit your pages for all our monthly challenges, and have to submit something to be in the running for the great prizes Donna sends out, trust me its worth it. I won a CC challenge last month, and was stoked to receive a kit for an OTP Scrapware frame, its just gorgeous.

Here is a just because page I did while Loz was down, but had forgotten to photograph until today.



And done just in time, Sketch #71 for Stuck?! Sketches, Daddy & Bronte crashed out on the lounge after a long unsettled night at age 4mths. This is how I found them in the morning...



At the moment, my baby nephew Nate is in hospital, I can't stop thinking about Damo & Hayley and hope that he is out soon, poor boy. My love to you guys, if there is anything you need, I am here.

Hope everyone has a great coming up, and fingers crossed for lots of scrapping time for all of us. I did 29 LO's and 3 cards in January, let see if I can beat that for February!!

Cheers,
Sar

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sar - Lisa has dared me to track how many layouts and cards I do this year - not sure if I am game. I had a couple of big crop weekends with Daniela this month so think I have done 40 layouts - LOL! oops need to slow down or I won't have anywhere to put them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's an impressive start to the year doing that many LO's. Well done babe. And belated congrats on the DT spot at Mystical. Awesome, your work is always stunning.
    Love all these LO's in this post esp the "exhaustion" one, can so identify with that one.

    ReplyDelete