Tuesday, March 31, 2015

March Challenge at Xoxo Scrapbooking

My friends TessJo suggested that I head on over to Xoxo Scrapbooking and join in on their challenge for March.  My first time playing over there, and this will probably be my last challenge page for March...unless a miracle happens tonight, which isn't looking likely!

You can see the challenge page we had to scraplift over here, but the inspiration I took from the example layout was the colours, the triangles and the border around the edge of my layout.  The rest kind of just went from there.

This photo was taken when I visited Donna back in 2011 and we had an awesome scrap day with the Queensland girls - Josie, Sara, Sarah, Donna, me, Crystal and my bestie Leesh who also came up to Dalby with my family for Donna's 40th Birthday.

Scrapbooking this photo last night got me all sentimental and made me realise just how much I really do miss the friends that I made through scrapping.  Hopefully I haven't pushed too many people out of my life permanently when I had my scrapping hiatus...I know I don't HAVE to explain but I'm sure people did understand just how hard it was for me giving up my business, and that for my own sanity I had to pull away from all things scrappy and reset.  I'm not saying I did the wrong thing, I'm not saying I did the right thing...it is what it is and I can honestly say I've opened my own eyes up to WHY I scrapbook and I have finally moved past all the hurt, disappointment and regret related to the end of my business and everything else that went with it.  Sorry, I didn't mean to get so in depth...but for my own benefit on reading back in years to come, that is that.  Moving on....

Scrapping in Dalby...

(MME papers, Bo Bunny stickers, Bella Chipz, Studio Calico wood veneer, washi tape, Prima flowers)


(Bo Bunny stickers, American Crafts Thickers)


(Prima flower, Bella Chipz house embellie)

I'm really happy with how this layout turned out, and am feeling really good about sitting down and scrapping this photo last night.

Thanks for visiting!

Cheers,
Sar

4 comments:

  1. This is FAB Sar! I think I love this layout as much for the sentiment behind it and your honesty about your feelings. The distance created between you & your scrappy friends is something I can sort of relate to, having had 18 months off scrapping after my boys were born. You will soon discover that the people who were really your friends, will simply pick up where you left off and welcome you back with open arms, just as they did me. We are lucky we have such a wonderful community of scrappy chicks!
    And keep up the great work! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks so much Sue! Yes I do believe you're right, as one friend recently said to me - they understood that I just needed time to sort things out for myself. We are very lucky and I am really excited to be back in the scrappy world again...feels like home <3

      Delete
  2. Great job on the lift! Thanks for playing along with us over at XOXO Scrapbooking ~Michelle DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back to the scrappy world! We all take time away to do other things! Your layout is fabulous and I am glad that you were able to join us this month at XOXO Scrapbooking. Hope to see your work again soon!

    ReplyDelete