Saturday, March 21, 2015

What do you do with your old stash?

I asked this question last night on my blog's Facebook page - Do you try to use up your old stash or just get rid of it when it is past its use by date??

Sometimes you flick past an item SO many times that you just want to throw the damn thing in the bin and be done with it.  I was feeling this way last night so decided to just start gluing some of my old journal cards on a cardstock base and make a layout out of it!

The result - Red V which is my daughter Georgia, my niece Chloe and my BFF's daughter Charlotte on Grand Final Day back in 2010 when the mighty St George Dragons took out the win.

My background is solely journal cards and one frame glue on at random on a piece of white cardstock.  I then added some texture paste through a template to create some more interest.  I did end up covering a few of the journal cards with my paper and photos, but I'm cool with that.


My title using some old Bella Blvd alphas.


A cog from A Lil Somethin together with a quote & flag banners from the Bella Blvd Making The Team range which I originally got from SFS back in 2011!  No one can say I'm worried about using old product....I am seriously overloaded with kits here that date back even before this, but I just keep adding more photos to them and using them up.  


My journaling along with another flair from A Lil Somethin, with some twine which was at the end of the flag banner.


I would love to know what you do with your old stash...do you:

a) just leave it sitting in your scrap room sad & alone until the end of time
b) donate it to a good cause like the local preschool or your kid's crafts
c) use it up...because really all scrapbooking products are equal regardless of age!

Leave me a comment and let me know your preference!!!

1 comment:

  1. Well, I am no paper snob so I use a lot of it! Admittedly, a lot still goes to the very bottom of the pile and in the past I've donated unappealing bits and pieces to the kindy. BUT ... now I have an up-and-coming scrapper in the house so she gets any things I don't "need" now!
    Great page BTW!!!!

    ReplyDelete