Monday, August 27, 2012

What a Month!

Where do I start?!

I know the year is flying, but August...holy crap, what happened to August?

I've just resurfaced from a week 'off the radar' with my baby girl in the hospital for 3 nights with a UTI.  Scary time but she is ok, still on antibiotics for a few more days but seems back to her normal bouncy self.

And now I have two more sleeps to get organised for my big boy's 8th birthday!  Talk about time flying....

Before the end of August comes around, I best be showing you the rest of the Stuck sketches for our birthday month...so far I've only shown you the first sketch, there are three more!

Bonus Sketch 1, this one I haven't had a chance to do but I'm sure you can find time before the weekend, right?
 
August 15th Sketch...
 
My take features Cooper & Kirsty playing in the water at Belmore Basin.  I have used a great kit from SFS for this layout.  I've used an awesome Crafters Template on the background with mist, there are so many varieties of the templates these days, the possibilities are endless.
 
And a closeup of a flower that I completely stuffed up with mist, it turned out super bright so I toned it down with some distress ink and I ended up liking it in the end.

 
 And the last one, Bonus Sketch 2...
 
My layout is my baby girl Bronte on her 3rd B'day, using one of the She's Savvy Kits from 2011, I can't remember which one but I had little bits & pieces left over so just ran with it.

And a closeup, I basically cut squares from my scraps and distressed the edges.  I've also punched some super cute Monarch Butterflies with a Martha Stewart punch.
 
To be in the running for some super awesome prizes, load your takes on any of these sketches over on the Stuck blog before the end of the month.


 
Thanks for visiting :)

1 comment:

  1. I agree this month has just flown by :-/ I am glad to hear that Bronte is feeling much better.
    I love both your layouts, but I especially like the one of Kirst and Coop
    Miss you all xoxox

    ReplyDelete