Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Scrapbook Savvy March Cybercrop

Since Friday, we have been enjoying playing over on our Scrapbook Savvy Cybercrop Event page, releasing four challenges on Friday night and then a blind scrap on Saturday night.
 
During this time I also had a scrap day at home with a few friends, and managed to get ALL of the challenges completed for a change!  It was so great to just get into it again, its been far too long since I felt I could just sit down and enjoy my hobby. 
 
Here are the layouts I have done, I'm super happy with them all :)
  
Firstly, my challenge, which this month was a Colour Challenge.  This is my gorgeous niece Molly, who is definitely a kid that has a Smile Full of Sunshine.
 
 
A closeup of my Thickers title along with a gorgeous Prima flower which I inked to incorporate the challenge colours and a Flair button from Flutterby Designs.
 
Next up is Kerryn's Recipe Challenge, which I had so much fun with!  I used up some old product and had a great adventure trawling through my stash to come up with the right amount of each item.  This is Bronte opening a Christmas present in 2011, a brand new scooter!
 
A closeup of my chipboard heart which I've decorated with liquid pearls around the edge, chipboard banner which has been doodled to make it pop and my Thickers title.

Another gorgeous Flair button from Flutterby Designs and an Elle's Studio tag.

LOVE love love creating different backgrounds on my layouts, a technique taught to me by my gorgeous friend Kerryn when we last retreated together.

Next up is my layout for Karen's Sketch Challenge.  I decided that I couldn't do my usual background work with mist or ink, so instead opted for liquid pearls which I painted through a template onto my black cardstock.  I was SO happy with how this turned out, it even leaves a bit of a 3d feel depending on how much of the liquid pearl you use.  I will definitely be doing this one again!  This is Bronte at not even 1 year old playing in the walker.
 
My journaling :)

A gorgeous heart from Charms Creations and another of my all time fave circle quotes from Heidi Swapp, I dread the day that I finally run out of these in my stash!

Lastly, my take on Chloe's Mood Board Challenge.  If you head over and check it out, you will see where some of my inspiration has come from...

- the globe inspired me to use the map flag banner underneath my photo.
- the airplane inspired me to include something that flies, my butterfly!
- the natural tone of the wood panelling inspired me to use the earthy natural colours in the cardstock as well as the large flower.
- the stripe made me use the stripey paper in the scallops at the base of my paper layering.
- the alphabet inspired me to use different alphas in my title
and finally...
- the washi got me using some washi of similar colour tone.

This is my Bronte and her cousin Molly, sharing the love with a hug.

 
My background inking, title and date spot.

My journaling and cluster.

 
Its been so great to share the scrappy inspiration and I hope some of you have had a chance to get some challenges done too!  If not, get to it, over 24 hours till deadline!

You still have until midnight TOMORROW NIGHT (Thursday 3 April) to upload your layouts to the Savvy Gallery, so there's still time!  Follow the links to see the details of each challenge on the Savvy Blog.

Happy Scrapping!

1 comment:

  1. Look at you go!! Awesome pages, Sar - loving them all! I think I need some liquid pearls!!!!!

    ReplyDelete