Friday, April 25, 2014

Kerryn's Savvy CC Sketch Challenge

The first night of our April Savvy Cybercrop saw me sitting in front of the TV, watching So You Think You Can Dance and the Footy Show....and scrapping!  It took me all night but just before midnight I had a finished layout using Kerryn's Sketch Challenge for inspiration.

The sketch looks like this...


My layout New Fish using an old kit from my stash.  I'd nearly finished the layers on my layout when I decided my background needed something...so I pulled out the trusty Sunburst template and inked with different colours for effect.  It really finished it off!

 
 
These gorgeous stars were part of an old Bo Bunny sticker sheet, I've inked them and popped them up on foam.  Then used a basic chipboard star as well, just doodling around the edges.  The candy button scatter is another trusty finisher that I add to lots of my work! 

Once again I've pulled out the paintbrush and liquid pearls to add some colour to my big chipboard star!  (Liquid pearls are ON SALE AT 30% OFF in the Savvy store right now until midnight tonight 25/4/2014)  You can also see in the distance a Flutterby Designs flair button overlapped with a super old SEI sticker, these were a fave back in the day and I was so excited to find them hanging around in this old kit last night.

My journaling which reads All the kids were very excited to receive new fish from Aunty Nic for Xmas!  Bronte was in awe!

My background work which started off as layers of paper, topped with texture paste, then stamped with a piece of mesh for the 3d effect.  I've then stamped on top with a Kaiser background stamp and finished off with a small banner rubon.  There is always some drying time involved with backgrounds like this, but definitely worth the wait...and if you're impatient like me you can always pull out the heat gun!

There is plenty of time to play along with Kerryn's Sketch Challenge, just have your take uploaded to the Savvy Gallery by midnight next Thursday 1 May.

Happy Scrapping!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment