From the words of the gorgeous Stephanie Howell's blog:
i think that presenting your life as a perfect, beautiful, flawless movie script...well, i think all that does is make other people feel bad about their lives.
i have ten, twenty times more respect for authenticity than i do for false perfection.
i know this much is true. no one has a perfect life. it's simply not possible.
i have a happy, blessed, fulfilled life. but is it perfect? NO!!!!
as women, we should not be scared to share this. we need to empathize with each other...support and encourage each other. and let's start by admitting that are lives are simply not flawless.
Here's my little bit of imperfection:
1. I worry about my weight, all the time. I know I need to lose weight and have recently put on more than I should've, but sometimes it all seems too hard, you know?
2. I drink too much. I wish I didn't, but at the end of the day when its all said and done, its nice to sit down with a drink and let myself relax.
3. I'm REALLY bad at paperwork. I mean, REALLY bad. I have a lot of work to do to get my books in order for end of financial year.
4. I miss my cleaner. She didn't come this week due to an injury, and OMG do I miss her!
5. I need to learn a thing or two about patience. Some days I have a little....but most days I have NONE. And this is not fair on my babies.
6. I applied for a job this week, and didn't get it. I was sure I would. I'm sad I didn't and feel like I've 'lost the knack' from being a stay at home mum for so long.
7. Cooking is an effort. We have the same meals every week (sometimes more than once!) - satay chicken, spaghetti bolognaise, homemade pizzas & latina pasta.
8. I'm addicted to the internet. I admit it. I spend too much time on it and lose sight of my REAL world at times.
9. I struggle when my husband isn't here. We are a great team when it comes to the house and the kids, and when he is working long hours I find it tough. I need to work on a routine so that I don't fall to pieces when he isn't here.
10. I scrapbook too often. Sometimes before the washing and always before the ironing, and all of the time before paperwork. I know its FUN, but its not always the right thing to do.
So take a leaf out of Stephanie's (and now my) book and if you have a blog, tell everyone about your not so perfect life. Cause if you say yours is....you know we don't believe you anyway! ;)
I Wish You Were Here | Viva Las VegaStamps
2 days ago